Monday, April 15, 2013

PINTEREST!

Pinterest is the best, especially for reciepes. You can find a reciepe for ANYTHING! I've tried multiple things that I have found on there. Some are better than others, but here is one that I have made and is SCRUMTIOUSSSSSS.

BUFFALO MAC 'N CHEESE :D
Courtesy of this LOVELY LADY

For the most part I followed her recipe, but I made some changes, slightly easier, and more MEAT! So here is my version. Make sure you check out her blog, I see some other things I'd like to try!

1/2lb pasta
1lb chicken
1 tbsp flour
4 tbsp butter
1 1/2 cup milk
1 to 1 1/2cup-ish of shredded blend of cheddar & monterey jack
1/3 cup Franks (I used the one in the bottle labeled "wing sauce")
1/3 cup panko bread crumbs

Unfortunatly I have a small kitchen and only one big burner on my stove (who does that?!) which always complicates recipes that involve doing multiple things at a time.

Cube chicken and cook, set aside. (Food can sit at room temp. for 2 hours so don't worry! I checked with the USDA)

Cook pasta according to package directions. While cooking pasta, heat butter in saucepan over medium until melted, add the flour and continue to stir/whisk until the mixture is golden! ( I learned this is called a roux). About 2 minutes.

Add milk and turn down to low. Be careful when your adding the milk not to burn it. I took it off the heat before I poured the milk in. Stir until it begins to thicken, then add cheese and whisk until smooth. Add hot sauce, and salt and pepper if you wish!

Lightly grease a 7x11 pan (I used the large glass pyrex) Im sure a 9x 13 would come out fine, but maybe cook it less since it would be more spread out... Put pasta and in pan, and spread chicken throughout. Pour sauce mixture over pasta/chicken. Top with more shredded cheese and bread crumbs. I like it crunchy so I used a little more crumbs!

Cook at 350 for 20-25ish minutes. All depends on your pan. Serve with Ranch if you want it to taste even better!



I used the same amount of sauce as the original recipe with 1lb of pasta called for becuase I like it saucyyyyy! This lil beauty will definatly be on the menu again! This would be a good dish to take to a party or somewhere, WHO DOESNT LOVE BUFFALO SAUCE!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment